Friday 20 November 2009

Salamander's Trouser Trumpet





---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David W. Bailey
Date: 2009/11/19
Subject: Trouser Trumpet
To: pumpclip.parade@googlemail.com


I do sometimes wonder if the objection to a little bit of fun with beer names etc is being a bit square....plus, one persons classy advertising is crass to somebody else. I know some people see BrewDog as crass for instance.

However, when I saw Trouser Trumpet, and also witnessed peoples obvious subliminal aversion to even tasting it, because of the name, then that's when I realised that there is a point to what you are doing. If weak double entendres sell beer than it's not a problem and I've seen otherwise grown up, middle aged men turn into giggling childish school boys and order a round of something that Pumpclip Parade might object to. When the joke becomes offensive to the majority of the people it is aimed at then it has failed.

You can quote me if you wish.



1 comment:

  1. The sad thing is, the beer was quite nice. I seem to remember thinking liquorice and bomb fire toffee.

    ReplyDelete